The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is funding from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disseminated by Skills for Care. The fund is administered by Essex Care Association across Essex, Southend and Thurrock.
Please watch the below video for a simple step by step guide:
Did you know that you can claim funding for some of your staff training?
WDF Funding supports the provision of high-quality care and the continuing professional development of staff across the adult social care sector by providing a contribution towards the costs of some health and social care training. The fund allows adult social care employers to claim back money towards the costs of paid staff completing a broad range of adult social care qualifications, learning programmes and digital learning modules.
To claim funding, an organisation must provide an adult social care service and directly employ paid care staff within England.
The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) can be used to support the development of individuals who have been recruited from abroad and those who are working on a Health and Social Care Visa.
Essex Care Association (ECA) has been awarded a WDF Grant for 2023/24 and distributes funding across Essex, Southend and Thurrock.
Comments from our Partners who have successfully claimed WDF funding:
"Training funded by WDF has helped our staff to identify a clear progression for them"
"All of the courses that have been funded by WDF has helped to retain staff by ensuring they have a qualification"
K C Colchester
"Staff feel valued and understand that we are helping them to develop within adult social care"
K C Colchester
"Since completing their qualification, the staff member has shown interest in developing their career with us"
- Introductory Modules for Managers - £50 each
- Lead to Succeed - £500 each
- Well Led - £500 each
- Positive Behavioural Support - £50 to £450
- Level 3 Autism - £300 each
- Level 2 Dementia - £120 each
- Level 2 Diploma in Care - £600 each
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care - £800 each
- Level 5 Diploma Leadership & Management - £1500 each
New Members Declaration Forms - Must be completed by 28th February 2024
ASC-WDS - Must be updated by 28th March 2024
Claims for qualifications and apprenticeships
- Certificates with a date of issue between 1 January 2023 and 31 May 2024 will be accepted as evidence in support of WDF 2023-24 claims.
Claims for learning programmes
- Learners must complete their learning programme by 31 March 2024. The date of issue of the certificate must be between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2024 to be accepted as evidence in support of WDF 2023-24 claims.
Claims for digital learning modules
- Learners must complete digital learning modules by 31 March 2024. The date of issue of the certificate must be between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2024 to be accepted as evidence in support of WDF 2023-24 claims.